Medical Research Fund
The Foundation continues to carry on legacy of love and to care for people through volunteerism and financial assistance of 1) medical research, 2) educational / scholarship programs to students and 3) children and families in need. More on the Foundation's mission is available for your review at www.MichellesWish.org. During the past year, with the generous support of volunteers and partners, the Foundation has continued pursuit of its important mission and has executed the following accomplishments:
- In August of 2017, Timothy Mamone and Erin McDonnell—two exemplary students—were each awarded Michelle's Wish scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year. These awards were based on their outstanding academic qualifications and the strong recommendation from their school's teachers and faculty.
- In August of 2016, Georgina Hasrouni and Jackson Sturtevant—two more exemplary students—were each awarded Michelle's Wish scholarships for the 2016-2017 school year. These awards were based on their outstanding academic qualifications and the strong recommendation from their school's teachers and faculty.
- Last November, members of the Foundation introduced and executed its Thanksgiving Baskets of Love program. Volunteers either filled or delivered laundry baskets with food and supplies necessary for a complete Thanksgiving feast. The baskets were brought directly to Cleveland-area families in need. Over 60 families were served by generous donors and volunteers last Thanksgiving! We invite you to participate in this program, if you wish. Details are available at www.MichellesWish.org.
- In addition, in November, Foundation volunteers joined forces with West Side Ecumenical Ministry Community Corner Food Pantry in Cleveland, Ohio, identified their "needs list" and delivered assorted pies and needed canned food items to the hunger center to replenish their food supply for area families to complete a Thanksgiving meal together. We look to continue and expand the Thanksgiving programs this year.
- The Foundation volunteers also provided much needed food and household items to the Bainbridge area Food for Friends pantry. This group—with whom we're proud to partner—is made up of retired U.S. military service veterans and operates a full food pantry near the Bainbridge Fire Department and supplies food to over 37 families on a monthly basis.
Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded over 25 scholarships to outstanding elementary students and college students pursuing a degree in nursing; has granted 3 once-in-a-lifetime wishes through a partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and its Adopt-A-Wish Program; and has provided critical financial and volunteer support to the multiple Cleveland-area families and charitable organizations.